Kashmir Weather Forecast
Kashmir Valley has experienced the season’s first major snowfall, with middle and higher reaches accumulating around one foot of snow.
- Middle and higher reaches in several districts have accumulated 10 to 15 inches of snow.
- Lower reaches and plains of North, North-western, and South Kashmir have received 6-8 inches of snow.
- Srinagar and central Kashmir have seen a thin blanket of 2-4 inches of snow.
- Light to moderate rain with thunder has occurred over Jammu Division, along with light snow in a few middle and higher reaches.
- February 1: Generally cloudy weather with light snow at few places till afternoon, followed by gradual improvement.
- February 2: Generally dry weather with the possibility of very light snow at isolated higher reaches.
- February 3-4: Possibility of light to moderate snow and rain in many places of J&K.
- February 5-12: Generally dry weather expected.
- Srinagar recorded a low of 0.2°C, which is 0.9°C above normal for this time of the year.