JAMMU AND KASHMIR PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
RESHAM GHAR COLONY, BAKSHI NAGAR, JAMMU – 180001 website:http://jkpsc.nic.in Jammu: 0194-2566528 (f) 2566530 email:firstname.lastname@example.org Srinagar. 0194-2312629 (f) 2312631
SUBJECT: FILLING UP OF POST OF ASSISTANT ENGINEERS (CIVIL) IN JAL SHAKTI DEPARTMENT
Reference: Jai Shakti Department’s Letter No JSD-HRM1/1/2022-A-JSD (CC-127804) dated 28.4.2023
NOTIFICATION NO: ZO- PSC (DR-P) OF 2023 DATED: 26.5.2023
Applications, through online mode, are invited from the applicants who are domiciled in the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir and are possessing the prescribed Academic/Professional qualification and age, for the posts, details of which are given in the following paras, in terms of Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (Gazetted) Service Recruitment Rules, 1978 notified vide SRO 297 of2006 dated 14-09-2006 read with SRO 754 dated 25.10.2019 and the Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission (Business and Procedure) Rules, 2021 as amended up to date.
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO UPDATE THEIR ONE TIME REGISTRATION BEFORE? FILLING THE APPLICATION FORM.
THE APPLICATION FORM TOGETHER WITH INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING UP THE? APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION? FROM 30.5.2023.
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS AND ALL THE? ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS PRESCRIBED FOR THE POST BEFORE FILLING UP THE? ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
LAST DATE FOR FILLING UP OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM COMPLETE IN ALI}. RESPECTS ALONGWITH THE REQUISITE FEE (ONLINE MODE ONLY) IS 29.06.2023.
THE LAST DATE FOR RECEIVP OF ONLINE APPLICATIONS PROVIDED IN THE? NOTIFICATION SHALL BE THE CUT-OFF DATE FOR DETERMINING THE ELIGIBILITY} AS REGARDS ACQUISITION OF DOMICILE CERTIFICATE, EDUCATIONAL AND? PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS.
THE MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM AGE WILL HOWEVER BE RECKONED WITH? REFERENCE TO 1ST JANUARY, 2023.
CANDIDATES CAN EDIT SOME OF THE FIELDS IN THEIR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM? W.E.F 30.6.2023 to 02.7.2023 (UP TO 11.59 PM). INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS REGARD? WILL BE SEPARATELY MADE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE.
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD ALL THE MANDATORY? PRESCRIBED/REQUISITE DOCUMENTS ALONGWITH THE ONLINE APPLICATIONÉ FORM.
IN CASE THE MANDATORY PRESCRIBED/REQUISITE DOCUMENTS ARE NOG UPLOADED WITH THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM, THE APPLICATION? FORM/CANDIDATURE OF THE APPLICANT IS LIABLE TO BE REJECTED WITHOUT? ANY FURTHER NOTICE.
CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE REOUIRED TO SUBMIT A HARD COPY OF THE ONLINE: APPLICATION FORM OR ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS TO THE COMMISSION AT THE? TIME OF FILLING UP ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
THE CANDIDATE WILL HOWEVER BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT/PRODUCE DOWNLOADED COPY OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM ALONGWITH THE} ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED IN THEIR OWN INTEREST TO SUBMIT ONLINE?
APPLICATIONS MUCH BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND NOT WAIT TILL THE LAST?
DATE TO AVOID THE POSSIBILITY OF DISCONNECTION/INABILITY TO PAY FEE OR? FAILURE TO LOGIN TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL ON ACCOUNT OF HEAVY? LOAD ON THE WEBSITE DURING THE CLOSING DAYS.
2. DETAILS OF POST WITH CATEGORY WISE BREAKUP:-
|8M NO.||NAME OF THE POST||Pay scale||OMRBASCS||LC/lBS0C||PSP||EWST0tal|
|01||SSISTANT ENGINEER (CIVIL)||Level 8 A
|Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant branch of Engineering (Civil Engineering) or AMIE Section (A&B) India in the appropriate branch of Engineering.|
4. AGE AS ON 1 ST JANUARY 2023.
The requirement of age for candidates belonging to Open Merit (0M) & Reserved Categories is as follows:-
|S.NO.||CATEGORY||AGE LIMIT||NOT BORN AFTER||NOT BORN BEFORE|
|2||RBA, SC, ST, ALC/IB, EWS, psp, SOC||43||01.01.2005||01.01.1980|
|3||IN SERVICE CANDIDATE||40||01.01.2005||01.01.1983|
THE CANDIDATES WHO ARE ALREADY IN GOVERNMENT SERVICE AND INTEND TO APPLY AS IN-SERVICE CANDIDATES SHALL, BESIDES APPLYING ONLINE, ROUTE THEIR
APPLICATION FORM THROUGH ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT.
A candidate seeking his/her consideration under a Reserved Category must ensure that he/she possesses a valid requisite Category certificate on the cut-off date.
- The candidature will be provisional till the genuineness of the reserved category certificate is verified by the Appointing Authority.
- Candidates may note that in case a claim for reservation is made on the basis of false/fake/fraudulent certificate, he/she shall be debarred from participation in the selection process conducted by the J&K Public Service Commission, in addition to any other penal action as may be deemed appropriate.
The candidate should be a Domicile of the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir. The candidate must possess the Domicile Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the prescribed format as on the last date prescribed for submission of online application form.
7. REOUISITE FEE
After successful submission of the online application form, candidate will be required to deposit requisite fee through online mode. The amount of fee to be paid is given below:
|Reserved Cate ories||Rs.500.OO|
The Application Form submitted without deposition of the fee, which gets substantiated through reflection of the same on the application form, such application form shall be treated as incomplete and candidature shall be deemed to have been rejected without any notice. No representation against such rejection shall be entertained.
bmission of multiple applications by way of prefixing Mr./Ms. or through generation of multiple User ID’s or any other mode, followed by either non-payment of fee particulars or fee particulars (TID) of one application (RID) being mentioned against another application with a different RID would lead to rejection of the online application. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher Registration ID (RID) number shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID number. Besides strict disciplinary action shall be taken including the cancellation of candidature and debarment for future examinations of J&K PSC will be taken against such applicants.
8. DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED
While filling the online application form the applicants are required to upload the documents as per details given below:
i. Date of Birth certificate (Secondary School/Matric Certificate- 01 leaf. ii. Domicile certificate — 01 leaf iii. Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant branch of Engineering
DOCUMENTS (MANDATORY) IF CLAIMING BENEFIT UNDER THAT CATEGORY):-
i. Valid category certificate — 01 leaf ii. In-Service Certificate Signed by HOD
ANY OTHER DOCUMENT FOR WHICH THE CANDIDATE IS CLAIMING
WEIGHTAGE AS PER (BUSINESS AND PROCEDURE)RULES2021:-
i) PG Degree / Post graduate diploma in the relevant subject ii) NCC C” Certificate/NSS (National level two campus). 01 leaf
IT MAY BE NOTED THAT NO FURTHER OPPORTUNITY TO UPLOAD ANY DOCUMENT SHALL BE PROVIDED HEREAFTER AND ACTION UNDER RULES INCLUDING REJECTION OF APPLICATION FORM/CANDIDATURE ETC WILL BE TAKEN.
9. SCHEME OF SELECTION/CRITERIA
The selection shall be made in terms of Rule 43 of the J&K Public Service Commission (Business & Procedure) Rules, 2021, as amended upto date.
The written examination specified under Rule 43 shall comprise 120 objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of two hours duration with negative marking @ 0.25 for each in-correct/ wrong answer.
10. The syllabus for the written examination is available on the official web site ofJ&l PSC
In the interview, the candidates will be asked, in addition to the demonstration of domain knowledge/ skills/ teaching skills questions on matters of general interest and matters related to the post for which the candidate is being interviewed. The object of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service. The interview test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only the intellectual qualities but also social traits and interest of the candidate in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
VI. Provision of Compensatory Time and Assistance of Scribe
On request of a visually impaired (Blind) or any other candidate who is handicapped to the extent that he/she is not able to write, the candidate shall be provided assistance of an amanuensis (Scribe) on production of a Disability Certificate issued by the Medical Board constituted by the Government consisting of CMO of the District and at least two Medical Specialists nominated by the concerned Director, Health Services (with at least one specialist from the field concerned department). After verifying the genuineness of the certificate/satisfying itself, the Commission may provide services of Scribe to the candidate on the day of examination. The scribe should have one qualification down than the requirement for the post applied for by the candidate(s) and further should be from an academic stream different from that stipulated for the post. The scribe shall be paid remuneration charges equivalent to the Invigilator.
Provided the concerned Supervisor shall ensure that the scribe provided to the candidate shall not extend any type of help to the candidate in solving the questions. Blind candidates will be allowed an extra time of 20 minutes per hour.
12. IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING FILLING UP OF ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE GIVEN HEREIN BELOW:
- Candidates are required to apply online through the website of the Commission i.e. http://www.jkpsc.nic.in. No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted.
- Candidates are first required to go to the JKPSC website www.jkpsc.nic.in and click on the link “One Time Registration” or click on Login menu if you have already created your profile with the JK PSC.
- After logging into your account, candidates are required to fill all the requisite fields of One Time Registration (OTR) i.e. personal information, contact information & educational qualification, service details etc.
- The candidate shall also be required to upload the image of date stamped recent passport size color photograph and signature. The photograph should not be taken earlier than
- Size of the photograph (passport size) and signature must be between 10kB to 20kB in *.jpeg or *.jpg only.
- After successful submission of all the details in your OTR account, check the eligibility conditions as mentioned in the advertisement notification before applying for the post.
- On Clicking on the “show examination” a window will appear on your computer screen. Select the month of the advertisement notification for which you want to apply, a link(s) for the post(s) will appear on the computer screen.
- An “APPLY” button is shown against the respective post and the candidates will click on the APPLY button against the post he/she is eligible.
- On clicking “APPLY” button, an instruction window will appear. Candidates should read instructions carefully before clicking on “APPLY” button at the bottom ofthe webpage.
- On clicking “APPLY” button, the system will display all facts/particulars that a candidate may have mentioned while filling up the necessary fields of his/her OTR account. Candidate shall fill up the remaining required fields in the application form and accept the declaration thereof.
- Once the candidate is satisfied about the correctness of the filled in details, then, he or she may click on “SUBMIT” button to finally push the data into server with successful submission report.
- On successful submission of the basic details, the candidates will be required to pay the online fee and uploading of the documents, for final submission of the online application form.
- Candidates can pay the requisite fee through online mode in the “SUBMITTED APPLICATIONS” menu in your account.
- After successful payment of the fee, the fee status will get reflected on the Online
Application form. Candidates can check the fee status by clicking on the Print
Application Button in the submitted Applications menu in your JKPSC account. In case the payment status shows either “not submitted or under processing or status has not been reflected on your submitted application form”, candidates(s) are advised to contact the JKPSC office at Solina Srinagar/Resham Ghar Colony Jammu immediately for clarification. Further where the online fee is paid through other service providers the candidate must ensure that not only the amount of fee is debited from his/service provider’s Account but also credited into the official account of JKPSC.
- After successful submission of fee, the candidates will be required to upload requisite documents as specified in the advertisement/application form.
- The candidate would be able get the printout of his/her submitted application only after the payment of the requisite fee and uploading of requisite documents.
- Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
- EDITING OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Candidates who have successfully submitted the online application form along with requisite fee will be allowed to edit some ofthe fields in their submitted online application form within three days after the cut-off date i.e. from 30.6.2023 to 2.7.2023. Detailed instruction in this regard will be made available on the website.
- ACTION AGAINST CANDIDATES FOUND GUILTY OF MISCONDUCT
Candidates are advised not to furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information.
A candidate who is, or has been, declared by the Commission, to be guilty of:
- obtaining by wrongful support his/her candidature by any means, or
- impersonating, or
- procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with or
- making statements which are incorrect, or false or suppressing material information, or
- resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his/her candidature for the selection, or
- using unfair means, or
- writing irrelevant matter including obscene language or pornographic matter, in the script, or
- misbehaving in any other manner , or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the commission for the conduct of their test, or
- attempting to commit or , as the case may be, abetting the commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses may, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution shall be liable to;
- to be disqualified by the Commission from selection for which he/she is a candidate , and/or
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period:-
- By the Commission from any selection held by them.
- By the Union Territory Government from any employment under them, and
c. if he/she is already in service under Government, disciplinary action can be taken against his/her under the appropriate rules.